KIT1005 Zamp RV Solar Kit 170 Watt Deluxe - Our Most Popular Solar Kit
The new Zamp Solar 170 Watt Roof Mount Kit replaces the previous model 160 Watt Deluxe Solar Kit. Made in the USA, this single panel 170 Watt Roof Mount Kit puts out a BIG 9.4 amps per hour in optimal sun conditions! Generally campers can expect 50 to 60 amp hours of charging each day from this kit. Start here for single and dual battery setups. We recommend that most campers start with a two batteries.
The Zamp Solar 170 Watt Roof Mount Kit (KIT1005) gives you the solar charging power you need to maintain single and dual 12 volt batteries for most campers. This RV solar panel kit comes complete with a 170 watt solar panel with 10' pre-installed lead on solar panel for connection to roof port with fuse, a 30 Amp 5 Stage Deluxe Digital PWM Controller, Zamp Omni mounting feet, 3 port plug and play roof cap which allows you to add up to two more panels at a later time, and custom pre-terminated 8-2 AWG cable harness.
What can you can expect for the 170 Watt Roof Mount Kit:
For most campers/RVers this solar kit will charge and maintain your batteries to use lighting, water pump, propane refrigerator (uses a small amount of 12 volt power), stereo system, slide-outs, self-levelers, propane sniffer, and some heater use (propane heaters also use some 12 volt power). For those camping in colder weather and higher heating demands, adding an extra 170 Watt is advised.
For higher power users that want to use some 110 devices and a power inverter, you may need to look at our larger wattage Zamp Roof Mount Kits or add an additional 170 Watt Expansion Panel Kit to this 170 Watt Solar Kit.
For longer, extended trips you would benefit by adding an extra 170 Watt solar panel to this 170 Watt Solar Kit in the future, giving you twice the solar power to re-charge your batteries every day.
These Zamp Solar Roof Mount RV Solar Kits can be mixed and matched with other sizes of solar panels as long as the voltage matches. Also expandable up to 510 Watts (three 170 Watt panels). Click here for more info on our Zamp Solar 510 Watt Roof Mount Kit.
USA Made 170 Watt Panel Features:
- AR coated glass- This highly efficient anti-reflective coating allows for maximum light transparency and absorption. Also called “Smart Glass”, it repels water and dust from the surface.
- Tempered safety glass. Similar to what is used in automotive windshields.
- Type A Monocrystalline solar cells from Solar World (Hillsboro, OR).
- 170 Watt rating on these modules is consistently testing higher at 175-180 Watts.
- Channel frame rail system for mounting feet. This will allow movement of the mounting feet up and down all sides of the frame for a more ideal mounting placement of the panel.
- Rigid frame construction. Our newly reinforced frame is extremely solid and durable. A vast improvement from the previous style panels on the market today.
This is a premium hand crafted product, US made in Bend Oregon exclusively for the RV market from absolutely the finest quality available. Panels consistently test out at 10-12% over the rated wattage.
The average boondocking or dry camping RV’er/Camper is likely to use between 20 and 30 amps a day. On an average summer day of 6 to 7 hours of optimal sunlight expect to get 50 to 58 Amps, and during winter with 5 to 6 hours of optimal sunlight expect to get 42 to 50 Amps with our 170 watt solar kit. Add up to two more 170 watt panels at any time.
Zamp Solar 170 Watt Roof Mount Kit - KIT1005 Specifications:
- 1 – 170 Watt USA Made Zamp Solar Solar Panel
- Class A Moncrystalline – Highest Efficiency, Highest Quality
- 58 3/8 x 26 3/8 x 1 3/8
- 26.9 lbs
- 9.4 amps per hour under optimal light
- 10' pre-installed lead on solar panel for connection to roof port with fuse
- 30 Amp Digital Deluxe Solar Controller (lead acid, AGM, lithium ready)
- 5 Stage – Soft, Bulk, Absorption, Equalization and Float Charges
- LED Read Out Light
- LCD Read Out
- Zamp Solar Pre-Wired 3 Port Roof Cap
- UV Rated Roof Cap
- Pre-wired Zamp Solar Ports (screwed and sealed)
- Zamp Solar Omni-Mount Feet for panel(s)
- 15′ UV Rated Wire from Zamp Solar Roof Cap to Solar Controller (Pre-Wired with Ring Terminals)
- 10' UV Rated Wire from Solar Charge Controller to Battery with Auto Reset Breaker and Terminals (Pre-Connected)
- Circuit Breaker, Butt Connectors, Battery Terminal Rings