Samlex 30-Amp Transfer Switch for Seamless, No-Hassel, Automatic Switching
This device gets wired into your off-grid system and provides a VERY easy way to switch AC power sources. You won't notice any downtime or disruption.
Example for RV - Boat - Off-Grid
Note - AC power is house power, DC power is battery Power
Let's say you have a solar system that charges your batteries (DC) and an inverter connected to your batteries powering your household devices (AC). If the batteries get drained too much you'll need to shut off your inverter, which shuts off your devices and allow enough time to let the batteries charge up before you can use your devices again.
Shore Power or Generator
However, if you can connect a generator or to shore power you can seamlessly transfer from inverter power to the generator or shore power without ANY DISRUPTION to your devices using the Samlex Transfer Switch. They don't turn off, nothing gets reset and you go on with your life as if nothing happened.
It's that SIMPLE!
Charge up Batteries Faster Even with Solar
This unit also has 120-volt outlets where a battery charger can be connected. This will allow your batteries to charge when connected to shore power or your generator. Most RVs have what is called a power converter that when connected to shore power charges up the batteries. You can use your onboard power converter with the Samlex Transfer Switch an add more versatility.
It can also be used alongside solar chargers, there is no need to change anything.
- Automatically switches between 2 separate AC input sources: Utility Power and a Generator; or Utility Power and Inverter; or Generator and Inverter
- Has rated capacity of 30 Amps at 120 VAC and is suitable for 30 Amp Utility Power Cord and Generator of up to 3.6 KVA capacity
- Uses heavy-duty Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT) relay for switching both the Line and Neutral
- Can be installed on the line side of the main breaker panel allowing switching of the entire load or on the load side to only switch dedicated circuits
- DIP Switch select to enable time delay of 20 to 25 sec when transferring to a generator
- Comes with a standard North American power cord for convenient connection to 15 Amp NEMA5-15R receptacles on a generator or an inverter with up to 1800 VA capacity (Replace this cord with 30 Amp cord if full 30 Amp capacity is required)
- NEMA5-20R Duplex Receptacle for convenient connection of battery charger
- Product Specifications
- Product Manual (download)
|Dimensions||9 x 8.25 x 3.25 (in)|
|Dimensions||22.9 x 21 x 8.3 (cm)|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited|