A solar charger gathers energy from your solar panels, and stores it in your batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology, SmartSolar maximizes this energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. SmartSolar maintains battery health, extending its life.
Works best with higher voltage solar systems.
Bluetooth Smart built-in: dongle not needed The wireless solution to set-up, monitor and update the controller using Apple and Android smartphones, tablets or other devices.
VE.Direct For a wired data connection to a Color Control panel, Venus GX, PC or other devices
Ultrafast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power-voltage curve. Conventional MPPTs tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP. The innovative BlueSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
Outstanding conversion efficiency No cooling fan. Maximum efficiency exceeds 98%. Full output current up to 40°C (104°F).
Flexible charge algorithm Fully programmable charge algorithm (see the software page on our website), and eight pre-programmed algorithms, selectable with a rotary switch (see manual for details).
Extensive electronic protection:
- Over-temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
- PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection.
- PV reverse current protection.
Internal temperature sensor Compensates absorption and float charge voltage for temperature.
Real-time data display options Apple and Android smartphones, tablets and other devices. Color Control panel.
SmartSolar MPPT 150/35
- Battery voltage: 12 / 24 / 48V Auto Select (software tool needed to select 36V)
- Rated charge current: 35A
- Nominal PV power 1a, b): 12V: 500W / 24V: 1000W / 36V: 1500W / 48V: 2000W
- Max. PV short circuit current 2): 40A
- Maximum PV open circuit voltage: 150V absolute maximum coldest conditions, 145V start-up and operating maximum
- Maximum efficiency: 98%
- Self-consumption 12V: 20mA 24V: 15mA 48V: 10mA
- Charge voltage 'absorption': Default setting: 14,4 / 28,8 / 43,2 / 57,6V (adjustable)
- Charge voltage 'float' Default setting: 13,8 / 27,6 / 41,4 / 55,2V (adjustable)
- Charge algorithm: multi-stage adaptive (eight pre-programmed algorithms)
- Temperature compensation: -16 mV / -32 mV / -64 mV / °C
- Protection: Battery reverse polarity (fuse, not user accessible), PV reverse polarity, output short circuit, over-temperature
- Operating temperature: -30 to +60°C (full rated output up to 40°C)
- Humidity: 95%, non-condensing
- Data communication port: VE.Direct
- Color: Blue (RAL 5012)
- Power terminals: 13 mm² / AWG6
- Protection category: IP43 (electronic components), IP22 (connection area)
- Weight: 1,25 kg
- Dimensions (h x w x d): 130 x 186 x 70 mm
Standards - Safety EN/IEC 62109-1, UL 1741, CSA C22.21a) If more PV power is connected, the controller will limit input power.
1b) The PV voltage must exceed Vbat + 5V for the controller to start. Thereafter the minimum PV voltage is Vbat + 1V.
2) A higher short circuit current may damage the controller in case of reverse polarity connection of the PV array.