A solar charger gathers energy from your solar panels, and stores it in your batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology, SmartSolar maximizes this energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. SmartSolar maintains battery health, extending its life.
Works best with higher voltage solar systems.
- Up to 150V PV open circuit voltage
- Up to 60A charging current
- 10mA self consumption
- Full rated output up to 40 degrees C
- Protection grade, electronics IP43
- 5 Year Warranty
- Auto ranging 12/24/48V (36V: manual)
- Eight pre-programmed charge algorithms
- Setup and configure, readout of voltage and current by Bluetooth Smart
MPPT: Ultra Fast Maximum Power Point Tracking
By constantly monitoring the voltage and current output of your solar (PV) panels, MPPT technology ensures that every drop of available power is rinsed out of your panels, and harvested for storage. The advantage of this is most noticeable when the sky is partially clouded, and light intensity is constantly changing.
Remote Monitoring and Control
Remotely control and monitor the extensive features of your SmartSolar MPPT charger with built-in bluetooth by pairing it with your smartphone or other device via VictronConnect. If your installation is connected to the internet Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM) provides access to the full power of your MPPT, anytime, anywhere; both services are free to use. For remote installations - even when there is no internet connection or phone signal nearby - you may be able to monitor your MPPT by bluetooth-pairing with a LoRaWAN (long-range wide area network) device, available optionally.
Optional SmartSolar Control Display
By adding the SmartSolar Control Display you will be able to check the status of your Charger and battery-storage at a glance. Simply plug it into the face of your MPPT charger to provide you with real-time monitoring and set-up capabilities.
SmartSolar MPPT 150/60
- Battery voltage: 12 / 24 / 48V Auto Select (software tool needed to select 36V)
- Rated charge current: 60A
- Nominal PV power 1a, b): 12V: 860W / 24V: 1720W / 36V: 2580W / 48V: 3440W
- Max. PV short circuit current 2): 50A (max 30A per MC4 conn.)
- Maximum PV open circuit voltage: 150V absolute maximum coldest conditions, 145V start-up and operating maximum
- Maximum efficiency: 98%
- Self-consumption Less than 35mA @ 12V / 20mA @ 48V
- Charge voltage 'absorption': Default setting: 14,4 / 28,8 / 43,2 / 57,6V (adjustable with: rotary switch, display, VE.Direct or Bluetooth)
- Charge voltage 'float' Default setting: 13,8 / 27,6 / 41,4 / 55,2V (adjustable: rotary switch, display, VE.Direct or Bluetooth)
- Charge voltage 'equalization' Default setting: 16,2V / 32,4V / 48,6V / 64,8V (adjustable)
- Charge algorithm: multi-stage adaptive (eight preprogrammed algorithms) or user defined algorithm
- Temperature compensation: -16 mV / -32 mV / -64 mV / °C
- Protection: Battery reverse polarity (fuse, not user accessible), PV reverse polarity, output short circuit, over-temperature
- Operating temperature: -30 to +60°C (full rated output up to 40°C)
- Humidity: 95%, non-condensing
- Data communication port: VE.Direct
- Remote on/off: Yes (2 pole connector)
- Programmable relay: DPST AC rating: 240VAC / 4A DC rating: 4A up to 35VDC, 1A up to 60VDC
- Parallel operation: Yes (notsynchronized)
- Color: Blue (RAL 5012)
- Power terminals: 35 mm² / AWG2 (Tr models)
- Battery Terminals: 35mm² / AWG2
- Protection category: IP43 (electronic components), IP22 (connection area)
- Weight: 3 kg
- Dimensions (h x w x d): Tr models: 185 x 250 x 95 mm
Standards - Safety EN/IEC 62109-1
1a) If more PV power is connected, the controller will limit input power.
1b) The PV voltage must exceed Vbat + 5V for the controller to start. Thereafter the minimum PV voltage is Vbat + 1V.
2) A higher sort circuit current may damage the controller in case of reverse polarity connection of the PV array.
3) MC4 models: several splitter pairs may be needed to parallel the strings of solar panels