30 Amps is large enough for RV Solar Kits up to 480 Watts of 12 Volt Solar Charging power. Each controller has PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) and 5 stages of charging for best battery health and longevity and are Lithium ready (LTO and LifeP04).
An LCD screen that directly displays battery voltage, charging current, charging capacity (Amp Hour), battery types and faulty codes.
LED Colored Indicator Lights
Six colored LED indicator lights that indicate the current charging status as well as the current battery condition.
5 Stages of Charging Algorithm
The solar charge controller is the brain of the RV Solar Kit system. Without a brain your batteries are like Zombies and have nothing to help them stay healthy and alive.
5 States of Solar Charging
- Level 1 – Soft Charge – When batteries suffer an over-discharge, the controller will softly ramp the battery voltage up to 10V.
- Level 2 – Bulk Charge – Maximum current until batteries rise to Absorption Level
- Level 3 – Absorption Charge – Constant voltage charging (battery is over 85%)
- Level 4 – Equalization Charge – Only for WET battery or Calcium battery type. When the battery is deeply drained below 10V, it will automatically run this stage to bring the internal cells to equal states and fully complement the loss of capacity. (Gel and AGM batteries do not run Equalization Charge)
- Level 5 – Float Charge – Battery is fully charged and maintained at a safe level. Fully charge is more than 13.6V.
Temperature Sensor for Battery
As an option, the unit provides a port to connect the external battery temperature sensor. If the battery temperature sensor is connected the unit will optimize the charging performance based off the battery temperature detected and provide over-temperature protection. In some cases if battery over-temperature occurs the Digital Deluxe Solar Charge Controller will automatically stop charging.
Each of our Solar Charge Controllers are PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) equipped. PWM is a technology (the same as the levels described above) within the Digital Deluxe Solar Charge Controller that provides the battery with the best possible charge by tapering the charge, monitoring the battery and maintaining a 90 to 95% charge. Many older or cheap voltage controllers, battery chargers, solar charge controllers have a system that is all on or all off. Many will bring your battery to full charge and then wait till the battery is around 85% before it will allow a charge again. A PWM Solar Charge Controller does this on/off cycle many times a second and takes notes of where the battery is to optimize the voltage charge of the battery.
PWM Leads To
- More capacity or battery charge (90% to 95%)
- Better use of the input power. With old on/off technology the charge controller only uses solar when it’s on and that only happens when the batter drops below a certain voltage.
- Longer battery life – keeps the heat and over-charge of the battery in check. A fuller battery all the time is best.
- A happy battery and the ability to keep your battery for up to and over 3 times longer
Our Digital Deluxe Solar Charge Controller will accept a DC charge of between 10 and 15 volts making it an optimal controller for 12 volt solar systems. The solar charge controller is the brain of a solar system and will protect your batteries, the power source, from damage. This charge controller was designed for indoor use only and should never be exposed to rain. Each Digital Deluxe Solar Charge Controller has two mounting options – Surface Mount and Flush (panel) Mount.