Our Zamp 8 Amp is a 5 stage controller with PWM technology. This PWM technology is best for long battery life and best battery health and can increase battery life up to 2 to 3 times easily. PWM technology is best for RV Solar Kits under 600 watts and is the most effective way to reach a constant voltage for battery charging.
Each controller has 5 stages:
- Level 1 – Soft Charge – When batteries suffer an over-discharge, the controller will softly ramp the battery voltage up to 10V.
- Level 2 – Bulk Charge – Maximum current until batteries rise to Absorption Level
- Level 3 – Absorption Charge – Constant voltage charging (battery is over 85%)
- Level 4 – Equalization Charge – Only for WET battery or Calcium battery type. When the battery is deeply drained below 10V, it will automatically run this stage to bring the internal cells to equal states and fully complement the loss of capacity. (Gell and AGM batteries do not run Equalization Charge)
- Level 5 – Float Charge – Battery is fully charged and maintained at a safe level. Fully charge is more than 13.6V.
- For Gel, AGM, Conventional Lead Acid (WET) and Calcium Batteries
- Advanced MCU control pulse width modulation (PWM) technology to ensure best battery life and high efficiency
- Build in regulator to prevent batteries from overcharging
- Built in regulator to prevent battery undercharge; The unit provides an automatic equalization feature for deeply drained conventional lead acid or calcium batteries, as well as provides a cycling automatic equalizing feature every 28 days (when constantly connected)
- Floating feature to keep the batteries as topped off as possible. This process reduces water loss and prevents the batteries from drying out
- Protects batteries from discharge at night preventing current flowing back from the batteries into the panel
- External battery temperature sensor (optional)
- Multi-charging protections against reverse polarity, short circuit, over temperature, over voltage, etc.
- Surface or flush panel mounting options