NEW KIT2015 - Zamp 170 Watt Dual Battery Bank Deluxe Solar Kit
The New Zamp 170 Watt Deluxe Dual Battery Bank Solar Kit (KIT2015) has been upgraded from 160 Watts to 170 Watts! Comes with a 30 Amp Dual Battery Bank Solar Charge Controller giving you the option to charge two different battery banks at one time, meaning each battery bank is totally separate from the other. Having two or more batteries tied together is not a dual battery bank. With the dual settings you can set the controller to charge each battery bank at a different rate.
The 170 Watt Class A USA Made monocrystalline solar panel delivers 9.4 amps per hour in optimal conditions, Provides 50 to 65 amps per day depending on sun light. This is a premium hand crafted product, US made in Bend, Oregon exclusively for the RV market from absolutely the finest quality available. Panels have been consistently tested at 10-12% over the rated wattage.
What can you can expect from the Zamp 170 Watt Deluxe Dual Battery Bank Solar Kit:
For most campers/RVers this solar kit will charge and maintain your batteries to use lighting, water pump, propane refrigerator (uses a small amount of 12 volt power), stereo system, slide-outs, self-levelers, propane sniffer, and some heater use (propane heaters also use some 12 volt power). For those camping in colder whether and higher heating demands, adding an extra 170 Watt panel is advised.
For higher power users that want to use some 110 devices and a power inverter, you may need to look at our larger wattage kits or add two additional panels to this 170 Watt kit.
For those long extended trips you would benefit by adding an extra 170 Watt solar panel to your Zamp 170 Watt Dual Battery Bank Solar Kit if possible. These RV solar kits can be mixed and matched with other solar panels as long as the voltage matches. This 170 Watt Dual Battery Bank Kit is expandable up to 510 Watts (2 more 170 Watt panels).
KIT2015 also comes with mounting feet, 3 port roof cap (add two additional panels at a later time), and all wires and connectors needed to get you to your batteries.
USA Made 170 Watt Panel Features:
- AR coated glass- This highly efficient anti-reflective coating allows for maximum light transparency and absorption. Also called “Smart Glass”, it repels water and dust from the surface.
- Tempered safety glass. Similar to what is used in automotive windshields.
- Type A Monocrystalline solar cells from Solar World (Hillsboro, OR).
- 170 Watt rating on these modules is consistently testing higher at 175-180 Watts.
- Channel frame rail system for mounting feet. This will allow movement of the mounting feet up and down all sides of the frame for a more ideal mounting placement of the panel.
- Rigid frame construction. Our newly reinforced frame is extremely solid and durable. A vast improvement from the previous style panels on the market today.
The average boondocking or dry camping RV’er is likely to use between 20 and 30 Amps a day. On an average summer day of 6 to 7 hours of optimal sunlight expect to get 50 to 58 Amps, and during winter with 5 to 6 hours of optimal sunlight expect to get 42 to 50 Amps with our 170 Watt kit. Add up to two more 170 Watt panels at any time with our expansion kits.
Zamp 170 Watt Deluxe Dual Battery Bank Solar Kit Specifications:
- 1 – 170 Watt Zamp Solar Solar Panel
- Class A Moncrystalline – Highest Efficiency, Highest Quality
- 58 3/8 x 26 3/8 x 1 3/8
- 26.9 lbs
- 9.4 amps per hour under optimal light
- 30 Amp Dual Battery Bank Digital Deluxe Solar Controller
- Charge two separate battery banks at the same time.
- Lithium Charging profiles for LiFePO4 and LTO and 4 Other Lead Acid Battery Types
- 5 Stage – Soft, Bulk, Absorption, Equalization and Float Charges
- LED Read Out Light
- LCD Read Out
- Zamp Solar Pre-Wired 3 Port Roof Cap
- UV Rated Roof Cap
- Auto Breaker for Wire and Panel Protection
- Pre-wired Zamp Solar Ports (screwed and sealed)
- Zamp Solar Omni Mounting Feet for panel(s)
- 10′ UV Rated Solar Panel Wire – Pre-wired with Zamp Solar Plug (Fits to Roof Cap)
- 15′ UV Rated Wire from Zamp Solar Roof Cap to Solar Controller (Pre-Wired with Ring Terminals)
- 2 - 10' UV Rated Wire from Solar Charge Controller to Battery with Auto Reset Breaker and Terminals (Pre-Connected)
- Circuit Breaker, Butt Connectors, Battery Terminal Rings