NEW! Zamp Solar 340 Watt Roof Mount Kit with Great Charging Ability for Higher Power Users
The New Zamp Solar 340 Watt Roof Mount Kit replaces the Zamp 320 Watt Deluxe RV Solar Kit, giving you 20 additional watts of solar power, 10 watts per panel. Included are two 170 Watt Class A USA Made Monocrystalline solar panels that deliver 18.8 amps per hour in optimal conditions. This complete RV solar panel kit comes with a 10' pre-installed lead on solar panels for connection to roof port with fuse, a 30 Amp 5 Stage Deluxe Digital PWM Controller, mounting feet, 3 port plug and play roof cap, and all wires and connectors needed to get you to your batteries
What can you can expect for this 340 Watt Solar Kit:
For most campers/RVers this solar kit will charge and maintain your batteries to use lighting, water pump, propane refrigerator (uses a small amount of 12 volt power), stereo system, slide-outs, self-levelers, propane sniffer, and some heater use (propane heaters also use some 12 volt power). For those camping in colder weather with higher heating demands this 340 watt roof mount kit provides more charging power than some of our lower wattage kits.
The 340 Watt Roof Mount Kit can charge two to four 12 volt batteries with great charging ability for higher power users. This kit is recommend for those that also use a power inverter to power 120 volt items such as TV's, laptops and games.
For larger power inverters that run higher wattage items such as microwaves and hair dryers we recommend 4 to 6 batteries. For higher power users that want to use more inverter power for larger 110 devices you may need to look at our larger wattage Zamp Solar Roof Mount Kits or add an additional 170 Watt Expansion Panel Kit to this 340 Watt Kit.
Want to add a extra 170 Watt solar panel to your 340 Watt Roof Mount Kit at a later time? Not a problem, these RV solar kits can be mixed and matched with other Zamp solar panels. Or add another of our USA made 170 Watt solar panels to get a whopping 510 watts of charging power.
USA Made 170 Watt Panel Features:
- AR coated glass- This highly efficient anti-reflective coating allows for maximum light transparency and absorption. Also called “Smart Glass”, it repels water and dust from the surface.
- Tempered safety glass. Similar to what is used in automotive windshields.
- Type A Monocrystalline solar cells from Solar World (Hillsboro, OR).
- 170 Watt rating on these modules is consistently testing higher at 175-180 Watts.
- Channel frame rail system for mounting feet. This will allow movement of the mounting feet up and down all sides of the frame for a more ideal mounting placement of the panel.
- Rigid frame construction. Our newly reinforced frame is extremely solid and durable. A vast improvement from the previous style panels on the market today.
This is a premium hand crafted product, US made in Bend Oregon exclusively for the RV market from absolutely the finest quality available. We consistently test out our panels at 10-12% over the rated wattage.
The average boondocking or dry camping RV’er/Camper is likely to use between 25 and 35 Amps a day. On an average summer day of 6 to 7 hours of optimal sunlight expect to get 56 to 64 Amps, and during winter with 5 to 6 hours of optimal sunlight expect to get 48 to 56 Amps with our 170 Watt kit. Add up to two more 170 Watt panels at any time.
Keep in mind this estimate is per 170 watt panel. When using a power inverter to use 110 devices or during cold weather camping, your daily usage will increase.
RV Solar Kit 340 Watt Deluxe Specifications:
- 2 – 170 Watt USA Made Zamp Solar Panels
- Class A Monocrystalline – Highest Efficiency, Highest Quality
- 58 3/8 x 26 3/8 x 1 3/8
- 26.9 lbs
- 8.9 amps per hour under optimal light
- 10' pre-installed lead on solar panel for connection to roof port with fuse
- 30 Amp Digital Deluxe Solar Controller
- 5 Stage – Soft, Bulk, Absorption, Equalization and Float Charges
- LED Read Out Light
- LCD Read Out
- Zamp Solar Pre-Wired 3 Port Roof Cap
- UV Rated Roof Cap
- Pre-wired Zamp Solar Ports (screwed and sealed)
- Zamp Solar Mounting Feet for panel(s)
- 10′ UV Rated Solar Panel Wire – Pre-wired with Zamp Solar Plug (Fits to Roof Cap)
- 15′ UV Rated 8 awg wire, Solar Roof Cap to Solar Controller (Pre-Wired with Ring Terminals)
- 10′ UV Rated 8 awg wire, Solar controller to battery (Pre-Wired with Ring Terminals and fuse)